Reliable IT infrastructure is becoming one of the most critical elements for every company. So, the cloud server is considered the most effective tool for collecting and storing large amounts of information.
How to protect corporate data?
The problem of data protection has become relevant since the beginning of the use of computer technology. The loss of undocumented electronic data necessitated the re-execution of the necessary information processing. In some cases, the loss of source data made it impossible to reprocess the information, and hence the loss of important results. It is the problem of data protection during their transfer between computers (along with the task of increasing the speed of their processing) that was the impetus for the creation of computer networks. Naturally, the development of computer networks has caused an extraordinary exacerbation of the problem of data protection.
The process of information technology development needs to use innovative solutions in the field of creating corporate data protection systems. This is because on the one hand integration processes can significantly facilitate and accelerate access to various types of data, but it requires the use of open architecture storage and processing systems, which significantly reduces the protection of information from unauthorized access and increases the risks of unauthorized use. The constant complexity of the network infrastructure, increasing the speed of data exchange processes and the widespread use of distributed services technologies make high demands on the efficiency of the systems of delimitation of access to information resources. The development of network technologies in the direction of creating cloud computing environments makes new demands on the means of delimiting access to information services – one of the main components of modern information security systems.
These requirements stem from the need to take into account the dynamic nature of the processes of allocation of computing and network resources in the configuration of virtual machines and the structure of the address space used to access information services. Thus, Virtual Data Room technology is widely used to ensure a secure repository for sensitive corporate data.
Keep your data safe with Virtual Data Room
Virtual Data Room is a network-centric model that provides an on-demand access service to a separate set of reconfigured information and computing resources, such as networks, servers, storage, and information applications.
According to virtual data room reviews the following key characteristics can be distinguished in a Data Room security system:
- Self-service. The consumer must be able to provide himself with a computing resource, such as a server or network storage, without human involvement on the part of the provider. All resource allocation operations must be automated.
- Open network access. The service is provided via a standard data network and is available via standard access interfaces, interaction with which can be carried out using various client platforms – mobile devices, laptops, workstations.
- Shared resources. Data Room resources are divided into services for many consumers through a lease model of various physical and virtualized resources assigned and reassigned according to customer requests.
- Scalability. Cloud resources should be able to scale, which is usually automated for the consumer of the service among cloud computing looks like an inexhaustible source of resources that can be requested at any time and in any quantity.
- Balance. The Data Room environment must control and optimize resource costs. An example of load balancing is the migration of virtual machines between computing nodes, or the issuance of data streams from multiple servers in a distributed repository.